Carpet cleaning and general floor cleaning are part of everyday life, but not all floors will require the same types of care as the most common ones we have out there on the market. Bamboo floors are known for their strength and durability, taking on the test of time very well. The tips ahead will give you more insight into bamboo floor care:
- Removing dirt and dust from the surface of the floor means you will need to be careful, as being too hard on it means you will have it lose its luster. A fine fiber broom or even a simple dust mop will remove the loose dust from the floors. Keep them dry as you work to ensure they are clear of dirt. No need to make things go that far when you can simply fix it all with regular floor cleaning.
- You can work on mopping the floors with a mix of water and vinegar, creating an excellent cleaner you can use for the floors. You can work on the floors with floor cleaners combined with a sponge mop, though you should avoid letting them get way too wet. Dry your floors with a towel as soon as you can.
- Whenever you have any bad spills, you can use a cloth to clean them. Prepare bottles filled with a vinegar solution and spray the area where they occurred to help make cleaning easier. For the most part this can help with a lot of spots and with grease, so make use of it when you can.
- Polish your floor to remove streaks and see about keeping it that way in the long run. Make sure you do your best to avoid using any oil-based cleaners, as this will make your floors absolutely terrible.
- Never scratch the floors when you move items, since this will make drag marks that would be a serious problem. Use coasters under the furniture to stop drag marks from happening.
- Pay attention to wearing shoes on bamboo floors, since shoe marks can leave dirt and dust on the bamboo. Rugs and mats will be a good way to keep the floors clean, but you need to work on regular cleaning if you want to keep their charming look.
- You need to also make sure you deal with stains as they will need to be gone as quickly as possible. Never scrub the floors as this will really damage the finish, so use mops and soft cloths instead.
- Take steps to keep discoloration from happening by hanging blinds on your windows as well as good curtains. This will prevent exposure to direct sunlight to a minimum to keep your floors looking snazzy and amazing at all times.
- Buff the wood with a buff sander if your floors become way too dull if you want to restore the luster it had, but at the end of the day you will need to avoid using waxing or using oil cleaners. Look for information from the company that made the floors if you want to stay efficient in floor cleaning.